Nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Lees-McRae College spans more than 450 acres in a beautiful mountain valley. Founded in 1900 by the Rev. Edgar Tufts, the campus is home to more than 700 undergraduates and almost 300 faculty and staff. At 4,000 feet above sea level, Lees-McRae is the highest campus on the east coast, and with elevation comes a natural laboratory of wildlife, outdoor adventure activities, beautiful views and crisp mountain air. Visitors to Banner Elk are invited to explore the campus and learn more about the expert faculty, top-notch academic programs and unique activities Lees-McRae offers to students and the community.
- Campus Tours and Open Houses: Admissions specialists are available Monday-Saturday at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. to give tours and answer questions. The College also offers multiple Open Houses each year. Check the Lees-McRae website for a full list of upcoming Open House dates or to sign up for a campus tour.
- May Wildlife Rehabilitation Center: Stop by the Center to meet the Lees-McRae Animal Ambassadors and learn about the abundant wildlife in the area. Educational programs and tours are offered to the public every Saturday at 1 p.m. (and on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 1 p.m. in the summer). Learn more at the May Wildlife Rehabilitation Center website.
- Performing Arts: Between the Lees-McRae Summer Theatre, weekly summer FORUM series, and three annual performances, visitors to the College have ample opportunities to experience a variety of top-notch productions and concerts every year. View the upcoming productions calendar for more information.
- Bobcat Athletics: Lees-McRae athletics consists of 19 highly competitive men’s and women’s teams. From soccer to volleyball to cycling, the student-athletes are fierce competitors and perform at their best with community support. Come cheer on the Bobcats this year – check out the home game schedule on the Lees-McRae Athletics site.
- Wily’s Bar & Grill / Starbucks: Enjoy a bite to eat or a hot coffee on campus. Located in the Lees-McRae Cannon Student Center, Wily’s and Starbucks are open daily to the community. For hours of operation, visit the Lees-McRae Dining Services website.